It has been a while since the last alpha release of libevent-2.0. Yesterday, we released 2.0.3-alpha which can be downloaded from
Please, give it a spin and let us know if you run into any problems. There have been a lot of changes since the last release, mostly due to Nick’s hard work. Here are just some highlights, the ChangeLog contains the full story:
- SSL/TLS support on bufferevents, using the OpenSSL library
- Improved searching on evbuffer objects
- Improved support for Windows
- More efficient memory allocation for event_bases that use epoll
- Improved thread-safety
- The IOCP bufferevent backend is now exposed on Windows; many thanks to Christopher Davis for his work.
Many thanks to everyone who helped with patches and bug reports including Rocco Carbone, Brodie Thiesfield, Caitlin Mercer, David Reiss, Alexander Pronchenkov, Jacek Masiulaniec, Ka-Hing Cheung, Christopher Davis, Ferenc Szalai, and Ryan Phillips.
Edited to fix the link.